We were sifting through items at a local estate sale looking for bargains when I ran across this small paper back book from 1965 in great condition. How could I turn it down? Titled “The Drinking Man’s Diet or How to Lose Weight with a Minimum of Will Power (also recommended for ladies and teetotalers)” – it sounded like the plan for weight loss.
Over the coming weeks as I read and explore this find I’ll post more about what is suggested. In the mean time ponder these –
- Ad exec. off 8 lbs. in 60 effortless days
- Pub. rels. expert off 28 lbs. in 12 months. Has held his weight without “pain” for 2 years since.
- Retired steel exec. off 9 lbs. first 30 days. Held his weight easily to date. (Wow – since 1965?)
- Promotion chief lost 14 lbs. the easy way in 30 days. Holding firm without torture since.
- Partner, accounting firm, fought a losing “calorie counting” battle for 18 months. Four weeks on this diet off 16 lbs. “It’s been my salvation.”
- Working widow, 3 children. Lost 9 lbs. 4 weeks. “Still take my two 6PM tension breaking martinis.”
- Marketing exec., national firm, lost 5 lbs. first weekend.
All from the back cover – if the back cover is this good just imagine the gems inside. Stay tuned – more wonderful insights coming.