Just off of I-95 in Selma, North Carolina is a new roadside dining option. The Old North State Food Hall is a 15,000-square-foot venue in the old J&R building. They have repurposed the space for a food hall. We stopped by to check out the new location. We grabbed food from CockADoodleMoo, Barley&Burger, and Fuku.
CockADoodleMoo had some solid chicken wings, sprouts, and fried Mac and Cheese. For those of you in Raleigh, they will be opening a new location on Hillsborough Street in the old Snoopy’s location this fall.
We tried a burger at Barley and Burger. They are a movie-themed burger joint out of Rocky Mount. We tried the Rocky Balboa which is a smash burger with American cheese, pickles, lettuce, onion, tomato, and B&B sauce.
Finally, we tried FUKU. They are known for their spicy fried chicken sandwich. The spice on this thing is the real deal. It is made with a habanero brined chicken breast, dripping with Fuku mayo, topped with some crisp pickles, and held together with Martin’s potato roll. It is a really good sammie.
If you find yourself in Selma and need a bite to eat check out the Old North State Food Hall.
- CockADoodleMoo – BBQ Vendor, specializing in slow smoked meats and delicious sides.
Barely & Burger
- Barley and Burger is a gourmet burger shop dedicated to serving the quintessential American hamburger.
- Luna Pizza – Serving up authentic Neapolitan pizza, with a focus on authenticity, sophistication, and fun.
- Mac House – Specializing in taking beloved comfort-food staples outside the box creating a fun and innovative menu that showcases homemade recipes and most importantly our passion for all things cheesy!
- Butter Cream offers ice cream with an assortment of toppings and freshly baked cookies.
- My Cielo Taqueria – My Cielo Taqueria is an authentic Mexican restaurant that emphasizes the freshest ingredients.
- Curry In A Hurry – Serving authentic Indian food, with an American twist.
- Aroma De Cuba – Authentic South Florida Cuban cuisines, like Cuban sandwiches, empanadas, plantain chips, and Cuban coffee.
- Bean and Bubble – Locally roasted coffee and Asian treats, including Poke bowls and bubble tea.
- FUKU – Delicious spicy fried chicken sandwiches, sides, and slushies.
Thanks so much for sharing the news about the Old North State Food Hall!
Comments are closed.