Beating the heat in Walt Disney World can be challenging, especially during the hot summer months. However, with some preparation and smart choices, you can stay cool and enjoy your time at the park. Here are some tips to help you beat the heat in Disney:
- Stay Hydrated: Bring a refillable water bottle and keep it filled throughout the day. Disney allows outside food and drinks, so you can also bring drinks with electrolytes to stay refreshed. We love Liquid IV.
- Take Advantage of Water Attractions: Disney parks have several water rides and attractions. Take advantage of these to cool down, whether it’s splash pads, water rides, or attractions with air conditioning.
- Use Cooling Products: Consider using cooling towels, portable fans, or misting fans to stay cool in the heat.
- Dress Appropriately: Wear lightweight and breathable clothing, such as moisture-wicking materials. Consider wearing a wide-brimmed hat and sunglasses for extra sun protection.
- Utilize Shade: Take breaks in shaded areas whenever possible. Look for covered seating areas, shaded queues, or relax under trees to escape the direct sunlight.
- Plan Smart: Try to visit outdoor attractions in the early morning or later in the evening when the temperatures are cooler. Reserve indoor attractions and shows for the hottest parts of the day.
- Indoor Shows and Attractions: Enjoy indoor attractions, shows, and restaurants that offer air conditioning and a respite from the heat.
- Use Genie+: This can help you reduce the time spent waiting in line under the hot sun. Bonus: Genie+ Tips & Tricks Video.
- Rest and Recharge: Take breaks and go to the designated cooling stations if available. You can also consider going back to your hotel for a midday break to escape the peak heat.
- Sunscreen: Apply and reapply sunscreen frequently throughout the day to protect your skin from the sun’s harmful rays.
- Stay Cool in Lines: Use handheld fans or misting bottles to keep cool while waiting in long lines.
- Ice Cream and Treats: Enjoy frozen treats like ice cream, popsicles, or frozen drinks to cool down and have a delicious snack at the same time.
Remember that extreme heat can be dangerous, so it’s essential to listen to your body and take breaks when needed.