We recently made the trek to downtown Clayton to check out Crawford Cookshop. It’s just a short 20 minutes from downtown Raleigh and totally worth the drive. The concept is “Americana” style cooking celebrating the seasons and time-honored dishes from a wood grill. They use local farms when they can. The restaurant is located in a restored, historic building from 1904 and the ambiance is great!
Here is what we had to eat:
- BACON CHEDDAR CORNBREAD Honey Butter, Sea Salt
- SMOKED WINGS Alabama Sauce, Pickled Okra
- BEEF & CHEDDAR Smoked Cheddar, Horseradish Cream, Toasted Baguette, Served with Seasoned Fries
- FRIED CATFISH Potato Leek Chowder, Bacon, Chives
- WARM BREAD PUDDING Salted Caramel Ice Cream, Macadamia
Everything we had was excellent. If you asked me to pick my favorite it would be a tie between the cornbread and the warm bread pudding. If you love this type of food I would say it is worth the drive from downtown Raleigh