Leon’s is described as having fine poultry and oysters. They have been listed on many top lists such as Best Restaurants in America from Eater and Best Restaurant in the South from Southern Living. It is no wonder this event sold out. Chef Ben McLean and Raleigh’s Chef Scott Crawford of Standard Foods created a wonderful menu for all to enjoy. To wash all this great food down we were able to enjoy champagne from Ruinart, the world’s oldest Champagne house.
What we ate:
- Crispy Fried Oysters with Green Goddess and Pickled Sunchoke
- Preserved Field Pea Salad with Charred Spring Onions and Redneck Romano
- Potato Fried Catfish with Fermented Green Tomato Tartar Sauce
- Wood-Grilled Chicken with Sweet Potato Hot Sauce
- Kimchi Collard Greens
- Boiled Peanut Salad
To finish it all off we had a cornbread pudding with sorghum caramel, creme fraiche, and popped sorghum cracker jacks.
What we had to drink:
- Ruinart Blanc de Blancs, NV
- Dom Ruinart Blanc de Blancs, 2004
- Ruinart Rose, NV
- Grand Marnier Cordon Rouge