We recently headed over to Bosphorus Restaurant in Cary. They specialize in Turkish cuisine. It is tucked away in a shopping center on Harrison Avenue. We decided to try lots of different things.
Here is what we tried:
- Pide: A Turkish flat bread called pide is made fresh daily and served with every meal.
- Meze platter: Includes the grape leaves along with hummus, baba ghanoush, tabouli, ezme (tomato-based spread), eggplant salad and cucumber dip.
- Cigar Bourek: Feta cheese mixed with parsley, chopped onions rolled in Special filo dough and fried. Served with marinara sauce.
- Falafel: Vegetable patties made of Chickpeas, parsley, cilantro, onions, spices and cooked in vegetable oil. Served with tahini sauce and tomatoes.
- Pastrami Pide: Turkish beef pastrami topped with mozzarella.
Everything was sooooo good. I think my favorite was the cigar bourek. It was perfectly fried and yummy. The only regret I had was not ordering baklava. Don’t worry. We will be back for some of that soon.