We finally made it to Kinston. Which means we finally got a chance to eat at the Chef and the Farmer. I know what you are going to say. How is this your first time visiting the restaurant? They have been open since 2006. Well for starters life happens, right? So today is the day.
The location is nestled in a corner in downtown Kinston. The concept is thoughtful, creative cooking rooted in this region’s ingredients and traditions. Chef Vivian Howard is known for her tv shows on PBS and beyond and so people travel to Kinston to eat at her restaurant.
We are so glad we made the short drive from Raleigh to enjoy some good food.
Here is what we had to eat and drink:
- Country ham flatbread peaches, whipped goat cheese, balsamic honey, mint
- Pork shoulder red curry braised watermelon
- K-town burger pickled green tomato, pimento cheese, pepper jelly bacon, sriracha mayo
- Boiler room fries kitchen sink mayo
- Chocolate chess pie pretzel crunch, coffee
- Salty Dog
The food was all so very good! My favorite was the country ham flatbread. It was so amazing. It was worth the travel to Kinston. If you are looking for a fun trip from Raleigh consider a visit to Kinston.