Torchy’s Tacos is opening in Midtown East on May 5. Torchy’s concept they are self-described as a crew of fiery, taco-crazed foodies fueled by hot sauce and a shared passion for Damn Good food. They are out of Austin and have over 75 locations. We are so excited they are in Raleigh now too.
What we tried:
- Baja Shrimp: Fried shrimp, cooked cabbage slaw, pickled onions and jalapenos, cotija cheese, cilantro, and chipotle sauce.
- Trailer Park: A fried chicken taco with green chiles, lettuce, pico de gallo, and cheddar jack cheese with poblano sauce.
- Democrat: Beef barbacoa, avocado, cotija cheese, cilantro, onions & a lime wedge with tomatillo sauce.
- Crossroads: Smoked beef brisket, grilled onions, jalapenos, cilantro, avocado, and jack cheese with tomatillo sauce.
- Green Chile Queso and Chips: Topped with guacamole, cotija cheese, cilantro, and diablo sauce.
Ok, let’s start with the chips and queso. That stuff was so good. It had just the right amount of heat. The trailer park was delicious. Ant said he would order that again next time. I would for sure go back for the Baja shrimp. The portions are good sized. (No tiny tacos here).
Pro-tips: Want to elevate your Torchy’s game? Here’s how. They have a secret menu. This takes some of their regular menu items and kicks them up a notch. If you are looking to take your Torchy’s game to the next level make sure to ask about the secret menu. They also have a taco of the month. If you are up for trying something different make sure to ask about the monthly special. We got to sit at the bar area which was nice. It is sort of hidden behind where you order. If you are in the mood to sit there.
We really loved Torchy’s and can’t wait to go back again soon.