We went to Cans + Kegs during the Charleston Wine and Food Festival. The event was held at the Pavilion at Patriots Point Links. It was a gorgeous venue right on the golf course overlooking the water. The event was held to debunk the myth that wine in cans + kegs can’t compete with their bottled brethren.
What we had to eat:
- Cinnamon Toast Cereal’s Sticky Bun. – Yum!
- Fire-roasted octopus tacos. Red wine and citrus braised octopus, avocado and Mediterranean pico de goo served on squid ink tortillas.
- Focaccia Pugliese. Flatbread with cherry tomatoes, olives, roasted garlic, olive oil, and fresh oregano.
- Brioche donuts which were a-mazing.
- Tuna Wonton Crisp.
- Vegan Layer Cake with Turkish coffee caramel and wine-poached apricots.
- Beet-cured Salmon Crostini with cream fraiche and capers on a sliced baguette.
This was probably one of the best events we went to in terms of the food. Everything we had was sooooo good! My favorite were the donuts and the beet cured salmon crostini. If you enjoy wine and good food you must check out Cans + Kegs.