The Oak Steakhouse will be opening its doors on Friday, February 9. They are opening in the Dillon Building. They have locations in Charlotte, Charleston and Atlanta. We sure are glad they are adding Raleigh to their lineup. The bar opens daily at 4:30 p.m. Dinner is served Monday – Thursday from 5 to 10 p.m; Friday & Saturday from 5 to 11 p.m; and Sunday from 5 to 9 p.m.
We got to check them out and their food is a modern take on a classic steakhouse.
What we had to eat:
- Bruleed Pimento Cheese served with bacon, chives, hushpuppies
- Oysters Rockefeller with spinach bechamel, neuske’s bacon, herbed breadcrumb
- Beef Wellington with mushroom duxelles, foie gras, prosciutto
What we had to drink:
- Barrel Aged Old Fashioned with old forester bourbon, oloroso sherry, demerara syrup, black walnut, angostura bitters
- Pomegranate Paloma with blanco tequila, pomegranate, black pepper syrup, soda water
The Oak Steakhouse did not disappoint. The food was excellent and the drinks were great. My favorite was the old fashioned though the paloma was a close second. (I think I am a purist when it comes to palomas and I love them with grapefruit:) The pepper was a perfect mach for the pomegranate. My fav thing we ate was the Beef Wellington. This is the chef’s specialty and it was amazing. The beef was so tender it melted in your mouth.
The atmosphere was welcoming. It felt like most anyone could come in and grab a quick drink after work or enjoy a celebratory meal! I loved the space and can’t wait to come back to enjoy dinner. Check out the Oak Steakhouse here.