La Farm Bakery in Cary, NC (www.lafarmbakery.com) will host its fourth annual Bread Bakers Guild of America Open House on June 25th from 3pm to 4pm. La Farm will offer behind-the-scene tours of the bakery, followed by a bread shaping demo, and an opportunity to see the bakers scoring and loading breads in and out of their hearth oven. A large variety of La Farm Bakery breads will be sampled throughout the afternoon, and guests will take home a White Chocolate Mini Baguette. This event is free, and all are invited to attend.
The Bakery Open House was conceived by the Bread Bakers Guild of America (www.bbga.org) as a way to bring communities to their bakeries, as well as champion locally made bread. Guild member bakeries around the US open their doors to the public and allow bread lovers to see where and how their bread is made, to ask questions and to taste.
Lionel Vatinet teaches hands-on bread baking classes regularly at his NC bakery, and in his home kitchen, as well as around the US.
- May 10, “Tarts Gone Wild”
- May 11, “Mother and Child” class for Mother’s Day
Upcoming bread baking classes, dinners & events:
- On-going, Breads served at Competition Dining
- June 1, James Beard Foundation Dinner with Border Springs, NYC
- June 18, Bread Demo at Western Wake Farmer’s Market for “Sustainable Living Day,” Cary, NC
- June 24-26, Telluride Wine Festival, Telluride, CO
- September 19, Hands-on Bread Baking Class, Southern Season Cooking School, Chapel Hill, NC
- September 22-25, Euphoria, Greenville, SC
- October 11, TerraVITA Food & Drink, Chapel Hill, NC